Emma H

Emma J

Labels

15 Jul 2010

On the Hunt: Aspiga Sandals

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I am having a tough time of it. Trying to find a pair of summer sandals that tick my plethora of boxes has lead me to many a dead end. Or has it? I'm quite liking these beaded t-bar sandals by Aspiga, a company that manufactures in small workshops in Kenya. Although these guys aren't certified Fair Trade they adhere to basic Fair Trade principles.

The next dilemma playing out in my vegetarian mind is the whole leather issue. I've tended to view leather as a by-product in the past and thought that if an animal is killed for meat then all body parts should be used in a productive way and I can't help thinking that synthetic factory made shoes aren't a great alternative. Hmmm ... still thinking.

No comments: