Emma H

Emma J

Labels

1 Jul 2010

Nkuku Obsession

I'm always banging on about the importance of branding and products to the success of Fair Trade companies and my latest discovery Nkuku have got it just right. Browsing their website has quickly turned into an obsession. Here are the products I am willing myself not to buy all at once.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
How I want the shleves in my kitchen to look & gorgeous fringed towels for my bathroom.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I'm still desperate for lampshades - I'm loving this white cotton one. (please ignore my humble attempts at borrowing their photos)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Hooks and knobs to die for - I'll take all pls!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I already have a mini one of these guys currently holding my bedroom door open but this one is so much bigger ... and therefore better.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Cushions and handwoven rugs

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

... and my favourite - this handwoven Ayla throw - can so see it draped over my denim couch. My gorgeous friends at Altjeringa in Hove stock this blanket and it is even more perfect in real life (website coming soon).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Nkuku is the perfect example of how to do 'good business'. All their products are inspired by the traditional skills of artisans throughout Africa and India combining contemporary designs with age-old techniques, natural materials and sustainable methods of production. They have truly succeeded in finding the balance between beautiful products and ethical sourcing.

No comments: