Find Us Here:
- Eco-Optics- Winter Sunglasses!
- Glitter Ball Graveyard
- Chance Recycled Denim Handbag
- Minimalism to beat the bric a brac blues
- Thank you Sfgirlbybay for Pure Green
- Etsy Thursday
- Reclaimed Art
- Fashion Hysteria and Controlling the Urge to Splur...
- Sunday Swishing
- Tinctory- hues of beauty
- My obsession with Fish in Frames
- Nicole Mibane Ring Fetish
- RELUXE Leather Shorts
- Sneak Peek
- The Ethical Fashion Source Expo
- Pachacuti Founder Carry Somers wins Mumpreneur Awa...
- ▼ November (19)
9 Nov 2010
Nicole Mibane Ring Fetish
Anyone who knows me knows I have a serious ring fetish, the bigger the better. This one just caught my eye on fashion-conscience and it's hit me hard. I want it!! It reminds me of an ornamental bowl of raw amethysts my dad collected from Africa in the 70s that I used to play with as a child. The only thing is I'm not quite sure what makes this ring ethical. It's handmade by jewellery designer Nicole Mibane but all that fashion-conscience says is that it 'is hand-made from stones sourced locally to the designer'. What does that mean??! I'm confused and need more information. Amethysts are mined and I'm not the biggest fan of mining and don't think it is great for the environment or people who work on the mines (depending on where they come from). Maybe I should offer her my dad's amethysts that are collecting dust somewhere so she can add upcycled to her credentials??