Emma H

Emma J

Labels

19 Apr 2009

Vivienne Westwood for Melissa

I never in a million years thought I would own a pair of shoes made from plastic but as Bliss from bliss-a-porter points out they are THE most comfortable shoes I have ever tried on. I don't own them yet but I have a feeling that I will ... very soon.

Whilst their website says very little about their ethics here's what I've gathered from doing a spot of google research. Melissa Shoes are completely vegan and made from something called MELFLEX plastic, a patented, hypo-allergenic, recyclable, and flexible PVC. The Brazilian-based company recycles of 99.9% of factory water and waste, and best of all recycle overstocked styles into next season’s collection. According to various sources employees are paid above average wages and benefits.

Finding shoes that tick any of my 'ethics' boxes is hard enough let alone one that ticks 3 (vegan, recycled/able & socially responsible) and I actually wanna wear them too!! Who knew.


(Source: hervia.com)

1 comment:

Nico said...

Ohhh haven't seen these ones.... very nice!